Today is December 1st 2014! The countdown to Christmas has begun!
As the weather gets hotter here in Zambia, it can be difficult to get in the Christmas mood! It is our third Christmas here in Lusaka and it is always a time when we feel the most homesick! However, we have so much to be thankful for as we move into 2015!
To mark this run up to Christmas we thought we would send out to everyone our Tehila Advent calendar! This will give you an opportunity to taste what we have been up to.
We would really appreciate you taking time to put Tehila in your thoughts and prayers each day on the run up to Christmas. For many children in Zambia and around the world, this Christmas will be full of joy, love and creating special memories. However, for many it will be a time of abuse, confusion, chaos, neglect and loneliness.
We believe prayer works. That God can and does answer prayer. Please join us in thinking and praying for the activities of Tehila at this time. In particular the ongoing strength of Tehila and the many people involved in the fight against child cruelty in Zambia.
- G who is preparing to stand in court and give evidence against a man who repeatedly raped him over a 6 month period.
- The Social Work Association of Zambia to develop and strengthen the social work profession in Zambia.
- Theresa, an 8 year old girl who has recently been defiled and contracted HIV.
- All the supporters of Tehila. Without them, our work would not be possible
- Embrace Zambia, a movement of churches in Zambia on a mission to move children from orphanages into loving families.
- Shika who cares for our girls when we are working. She is incredible and such a special friend to us.
- For the first two children who have been placed in Embrace families! That the bonding process would go well and the placements would be a success and mean permanency for the children
- All children in Zambia who are suffering from the effects of HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases.
- R who has just been discharged from hospital having suffered pneumonia. Please pray for a miracle healing for her as she continues to battle with HIV.
- Sam, Hannah, Isla and Amba
- Grace City Church
- Protection for Tehila and all our partners on the ground who are fighting child cruelty in Zambia
- The church in Zambia to make a stand and play a key role in the protection of children.
- Tehila child protection training
- Fear of reporting child abuse would end
- Children in Zambia who have been forced into early marriages this year.
- More abusers would be brought to justice
- For the thousands of children addicted to sticka on the streets of Lusaka
- The child Protection Unit of the Police and Social Welfare Officers.
- More families to apply to become foster carers
- For political stability as elections for a new President take place in January 2015
- Our trustees, both in Zambia and the UK
- All vulnerable children in Lusaka – those known to Tehila and those known to God
- Everyone in Zambia would understand their responsibility to protect children
I appreciate the content of this email may not be appropriate to share with your children. If you would like a child friendly version, please let me know at email@example.com or ask Alex Moon (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can send you one.
Thank you for all your continued support and love
Han and family xxx